Wednesday, November 07, 2018
Shock and Awe is way, way overdue and suffers a bit from a lack of focus and poor pacing. Nevertheless it is an important film and well worth watching. It's also a timely reminder of three important points: 1) For the most part, the mainstream media has been peddling fake news for a long time; 2) The Democrats and Republicans are the two wings of the one War Party; and 3) Israel's partisans exert a malign and dominant influence on US politics and America's Near East policy.
- Archive of Knight-Ridder's (McClatchy) Iraq war reporting
- "Going It Alone" from the American Journalism Review (AJR)
- "White Knights" from the AJR
- "Buying the War" on Bill Moyer's Journal
- "The Reporting Team That Got Iraq Right" from HuffPost
- Review of Shock and Awe on RogerEbert.com