Saturday, September 12, 2020

 

Trump on "White Privilege"

No honest or rational person would ever accuse me of being a supporter of Donald Trump. That said, Trump's response to Bob Woodward's question about "White privilege" is almost perfect and worth listening to.

Woodward: But let me ask you this. I mean, we share one thing in common. We're White, privileged, who- my father was a lawyer and a judge in Illinois, and we know what your dad did.

Do you have any sense that that privilege has isolated and put you in a cave to a certain extent, as it put me, and I think lots of White, privileged people in a cave. And that we have to work our way out of it to understand the anger and the pain, particularly Black people feel in this country. Do you feel–

Trump: No. You really drank the Kool-Aid, didn't you? Just listen to you. Wow. No, I don’t feel that at all.
At the end of a 60 Minutes clip poor, old Bob incoherently whines about how Trump "was ridiculing me for reflecting what the whole movement after George Floyd is". Well, Bob, people who embrace fraudulent movements such as Black Lives Matter and destructive, specious concepts such as "White privilege" have certainly earned any ridicule directed at them.

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?